[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Open Lab Idaho Forums - View topic - ZCorp Printer

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
ZCorp Printer 

wow, this is awesome! I've been offline for far too long!

Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:57 pm
Profile WWW

Shannon came into the lab today and changed out all of the hoses that were clogged up. Now we've got to hack a Canon BC-20 print cartridge, and see if we've got a working powder printer!

Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:42 pm

Dave, Bryan and I made some more progress on the ZCorp tonight. The pump was stuck and a little cleaning got it pumping again. We have fluid flow up to the print head. Now I think we need to get the software loaded to see if there is a way to do a flush cycle on it.

Bryan copied the CDs and I have a copy as well. We are going to try to get it running on a VM and I will see if I can make a bootable USB stick with XP to get a fast start.

Dave, was there a machine targeted for the host for this?

Randy

Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:35 pm

Did you fix the temperature error it was giving before?

Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:06 pm

Not sure if Dave fixed that before we got there. he also had hacked the print cartriage. So I think it cycled up and was waiting for communications with the host.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:06 am

That temp error was due to a bad cartridge. So next step is to connect it to the host and cycle it!

Randy, yes there is a machine we loaded everything onto in the lab. I believe that we had a serial cable there to connect as well, otherwise the usb to serial adaptor was our fallback.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:09 am

Did some study on the binder solution we need. It looks as though the rice cooking wine has salt and works on other zcorp machines, but not well on ours. Below is a recipe we can try:

XF1
Drugstore Brand 91% Isopropyl – 280 ml
Distilled Water — 920 ml
Food Coloring — 45 ml (depending on color saturation)
We have found that this binder seems to work with 400 class machines since it employs Cannon bubblejet technology. Bubblejet technology likes very low viscousity inks with low surface tension.
DO NOT SUBSTITUTE DENATURED ETHANOL as it contains various chemicals that end up plugging the print head

As far as powder goes... we can use USG HydroPerm straight out of the bag. It'll be at our local pottery store.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:02 pm

That is one cheap recipe! Sure beats ZCorps $478/gal binder.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:42 pm

Excellent! Dave, was there a tag on the machine which is already loaded? Since it is looking to be so hot tomorrow my outside projects might be on hold. Were you going to be at the store or lab on Saturday?

Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:47 pm

Randy- I've got a workshop at noon to 3pm, Beginning Arduino, but they'll be in the white room where we had the bot farm. Twelve people in the lab room might get a bit hot. I'll be running the shop all day as well. I kept the room clear so you guys can work on it. Yesterday Shannon and I worked through it a bit more and were flushing ink from the hacked cartridge, and he got it to do a dry run. but we figured out through practice and I read later on Open3dp.com that the print cartridges don't like water, they need a true binder mix.

We need to get started on a binder mix and powder, it seems like the next step!

Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next