[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Open Lab Idaho Forums - View topic - ZCorp Printer

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
ZCorp Printer 

Woo Hoo! Sounds like we are closer. I will pick up some materials today. I know I can get the binder mix, but I will look and see if I can find poweder.

Not sure exactly when I will be able to stop by, but will try to for a little bit today.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:34 am

Binder mix made and flushed. Still no output from the print head yet. May just need some more cycle time. Powder is on order and will be in possibly by Friday.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:09 pm

Sweet! Printing party next Saturday maybe? You guys are ripping it up!

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:49 pm
Profile WWW

Today Will Barmes got the binder fully flushed into the cartridge, but it's still not exiting the cartridge. I think it may have ink in the head still and we need to somehow soak the head to get binder flowing. Maybe just running the printer for a long time might help.

Almost there guys!

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:33 pm

I would run it as little as possible if there's no ink coming out. Canon print heads burn up easily if there isn't fluid exiting the print head to cool it.
Perhaps you could force ink through the nozzles by flushing it and pinching the waste line coming out of the print head.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:48 pm

Yeah that's something we could try. there is a bit of leakage at the bottom and it's unclear as to why its been generated.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:16 pm

Dave, is this the cartridge hack you followed?

http://blog.freesideatlanta.org/2011/07 ... 02-3d.html

Randy

Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:44 pm

yup!

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:38 pm

Read here about removing old ink from the cartridge,

"You may want to blow air or binder mixture in to the cartridge to remove all of the existing ink. You may have a few layers of printing before the new binder starts to flow, so I recommend:

- Blow air into the cartridge until no more ink comes out
- (Optional) inject binder into the cartridge and keep going until it comes out the proper color
- Start a long print using waste / old powder, and keep the machine running until you see the binder coming through cleanly.

It may sound like a big job, but it can be done in under 10 minutes once you've gotten good at it."

Seems to me we might try a bit more aggressively to clean it out. I've got an air compressor that we can try too.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:57 am

I noticed something today, the waste line on the printer flowed with more old ink from the cartridge. I think that it took a few weeks for the binder to flow the ink a little bit more, but now its way less viscous and could clear out even further. Going to try another flush and print tomorrow guys, but this makes me wonder!

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next