[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Open Lab Idaho Forums - View topic - Help calibrating repstrap

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Help calibrating repstrap 

I've built a repstrap from the ground up (even designed everything in CAD), and all the mechanical systems work, but I'm having a hard time getting it to print. I know the plastic is probably extruding at the right temperature and that the axis move exactly as far as they are told to, but that is about it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to get it printing? I've been using a guide on the rep rap wiki at http://www.reprap.org/wiki/Calibration but its not working very well. I didn't get very far, I'm trying to print a 20mm X20mm box, but my extruder ends up dragging through the plastic but the 3rd or 4th layer.

Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:52 am

Sounds like you may have to decrease the steps/mm on the Z axis. Make sure that it moves x mm when asked.

Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:47 pm
Profile WWW

It moves and is mechanically accurat, I've been playing with the layer height to try and fix it. It actually drags on the lower layers, then by the upper layers (8 mm up), the nozzle is above the piece, so my layers are too thick and too thin. Any ideas about that?

Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:06 am

It occurs to me I have no idea how any of the software works or how to operate a printer, is there anything that can help me with that?

Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:55 pm

Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:27 pm
Profile WWW

Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:33 pm
Profile WWW

Turns out all of my calibration issues were because I had a .3mm nozzle but was told it was a .5mm when I bought it, that fixed a ton of problems.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]