[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Open Lab Idaho Forums - View topic - MedelMax Build Thread - Philbert

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
MedelMax Build Thread - Philbert 

I am finally able to start on my MendelMax build. This thread is to track progress and share decision notes.

Phineas is the parent printer and just starting out on the prints.

7-8 hours print for two base feet. Slowed things down a little bit to try and keep it tight on the print.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:17671

Need to do another set.

Decided on Brown for the main color and will see how the silver pairs up with it, or may use white. Second color to be decided still.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:14 am

Decided on the Beefy Z motor mounts. 10 hours to print the pair. 7 hours for the lower mounts per pair. The clamps for them took about an hour for the pair. About 25 hours of printing so far. The clamps for them took about an hour for the pair.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:30153

They turned out pretty nice.

Now to decide on what power supply to use, and what x and y carriage mounts to leverage.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:59 am

Check my collection for the parts I used:

http://www.thingiverse.com/TheCase/coll ... ods/page:1

I'm very happy with the Y carriage. As for the X mounts, I'm not too sure about the minimal amount of plastic that attaches the bearing holder to the rest of the part - seems too flexible and flimsy to me, but they are currently working just fine.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:06 pm
Profile WWW

So anyone know a good DOMESTIC supplier of power supplied? Every one of the ones I ordered from a good rated e-bay seller came in damaged. The end tabs bent on all 4 and at least 2 fans broken.

Came packed in a thin cardboard box and one of hte units actually has a twist in it.

*sigh*

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Amazon! I bought one of each below, and they work great. Also were well packaged. There was only one issue. The screws from the terminals were loose. So loose that one came out during shipment and was dingling around inside the supply. I easily identified and removed it before i powered up the supply. That could have ended sadly. :)

DC 12V 20A Regulated Switching Power Supply
http://amzn.com/B004OLJHCI

12v 30a Dc Universal Regulated Switching Power Supply
http://amzn.com/B009EIANT2

Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:40 pm

Thanks for the link Cid. Those look exactly like the ones I got, but maybe they package them better. I know they would have shown up fine if someone had focused on protecting it than the limited protection they did provide.

Will have to give that a try for the next set.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:21 pm

These were packaged in a box similar to the one you descrive. Thin white cardboard box, but they were inside a larger amazon box with packaging insert to add additional cushion. I had no issue with delivery. The supplies looked completely intact. With PRIME, its a great deal. :) Whenever i need something i always look for things on Amazon first, and check for PRIME. :D

Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:50 pm

I'd enter a claim on those. That's just bad form. I also ordered my most recent one from Amazon.

The last one I got from eBay only put out 11.2V at the max setting on the adjustment pot. Seller got away with the +/- 10% rating, so I couldn't dispute it.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:46 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]