[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Open Lab Idaho Forums - View topic - State of the printer world

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
State of the printer world 

Why is that?

Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:54 am

Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:07 am

Ah, that makes sense. Maybe they are using something more robust to attach them to the steppers since the design uses a floating nut instead of a floating screw.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:11 am

Those of you looking to buy Simples, 10 percent off this weekend!

https://twitter.com/printrbot/status/368443724755263489

Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:52 pm

So, for anyone that missed this (and cares), I ended up ordering and assembling a Printrbot Simple. I feel a bit bad that I didn't buy one of Dave's printers but... this thing is $300. Hard to beat that.

Two other interesting pieces of information:

I bought PLA filament off of Amazon Prime for $35 a Kilo. Experimenting with it right now but it seems to print fine. I sourced from two different companies. All in the name of testing.

I am currently working on printing my next printer. I decided that I wanted to print a Kossel (http://deltabot.tumblr.com/) though I notice there is a recommended round bed on this model. I think the Kossel will be my "just for fun" printer and I will continue to research multi-extruder printer options for my ABS printer.

Thank you all for your opinions and assistance! The game remains afoot!

Shane

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2