[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Open Lab Idaho Forums - View topic - free RAMPS mating connectors

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
free RAMPS mating connectors 

first test of $35 RAMPS 1.4 kit from ebay-China looks OK. Randy loaded Marlin into the 2560 and Repetier seems happy with it, with no peripherals connected.

The kit from seller fly-xy included Mega, Ramps 1.4, four Polulu's & heatsinks, USB cable. It came in 15 days, well packed in a cardboard box.

Mouser's list of mating connectors for Ramps was confusing, with prices ranging from dime to dollar per piece. So I've ordered from ebay-China. After the first hundred 4-pin housings and shipping were paid for, additional were half-cent each, my weakness. So if its the right part, I'll leave a box of freebies at the OLI space around mid-November. Some contacts too.

Also ordered a $14 Chinese crimper called SN-28B. Anybody know if this works, or what the right kind for "DuPont" contacts is?

Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:46 pm

I left some 4pin housings and crimp pins in the metal cabinet, 2nd shelf, right side, in a quart baggie. Help yourself. They seem fine with Ramps and RasPi.

I had some trouble inserting crimped stepper leads with plastic OD=.06. 0.055 #22 is fine.

Its easy to cut the 4 pin into 2 and 1, with a stripper or cutters, finish with file. 1-pin housing handy for experiment connections to RasPi, grabs OK with the "MyPiShop" pin-label board in place.

the Weierli SN-28B $14 crimper seems as good as $80 AMP ones I've used. Has a rachet-release lever if you start wrong.

An older HT-213 Dsub crimper from JDR works on these pins also, but is no longer listed.

Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]