Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
LYMAN_FILAMENT_EXTRUDER_V3 

At last nights hack night we discussed building this as a group project.

LYMAN_FILAMENT_EXTRUDER_V3 (Pdf attached)

So far it appears like it will cost about $800.00, many folks voiced agreement to help support this effort with skill, time and money.

I/we have done a little digging and this is what I think we need so far, and id like the groups opinion.

First ....
A space to host a shared spreadsheet for parts to everyone can participate in contributing.

Second...
Several build Captains that will be needed to build sections of the machine. For instance I think we need someone to cut the wood and make the base and cases. Someone to do the extruder, one for the waterbath, one for the powersupply,

What do you all think about this?

And a little process idea
I think that this item should be an asset of the IOL and that members pay per foot of extrusion that way the lab makes a little money. My first thought was to make it coin operated - probably a really bad idea but lets see what the group comes up with. Bottom line ... the price should still be far lower than normal price, and the lab benefits. Win-win.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:05 pm

Here is a draft of the parts list... It need more refining. Especially at the end in the suppliers section.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:42 pm

Hi Chuck,

this looks like a great project! It might be a good idea to start a google docs spreadsheet / build doc and share it with whoever wants to work on the extruder. I am certainly excited to get one built!

Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:49 pm
Profile WWW

I kinda wanted to wait until I could get this hosted on a OLI Google drive, but just figured, hey I can get it up there now and we can move later if needed. Probably needs some additional columns, go ahead and add them.

Link to editable parts spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Link to the rest of the folder
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:04 am

I'm having a heck of a time ordering the TD‐044‐013 from SuperDroll Robotics, can anyone help with a different source?

Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:23 pm

I have not looked at the gearing specs, do they have that posted? We could always use an alternative with a different encoder.

Randy

Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:27 pm

I will look at the Fastenal and Macmaster Carr items.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:32 pm

Randy if you or others get a second can you find a Part number from another source ? I have no idea how to do that. The specs are attached.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:27 pm

I will dig a little more, but I bet we can find an alternative here without an issue. Probably cheaper too as this looks like one of the spendy parts.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:22 am

managed to place the order for the motors and the controller today.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next