Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
LYMAN_FILAMENT_EXTRUDER_V3 

OK cool! sounds good. Sorry for not finding an alternate sooner, but sounds like it worked out.

Randy

Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:42 am

OK all McMaster Carr items ordered, the 1/4 nylocks I should have on had. I think I have all the 4mm Fastenal stuff on hand as well. Need to go through and start collecting.

Randy

Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:39 pm

We have two Motors and the Motor controller are at the shop. I did find out that they sent the wrong motors. They are still the 509:1 but they don't have an encoder and they are 24V. Right now its enough to get started while I get more parts. In addition I brought some plywood that should be good to use as a base and maybe a couple of sides. If anyone has time to work on the case that would be great.

I understand there are a couple more parts ordered and on their way too.

Has anyone thought about printing the main extruder housing? Or any of the other parts...

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:52 pm

Jordan took the auger to take a look and see if maybe we can play with a housing. If anything to get some ideas on pipe that may be better than the black pipe called for.

Michael was going to make a little sawdust for the case when he gets into his shop again.

Had a couple of people interesting in printing parts, if you could call out here you are doing it, or tag the Google spreadsheet for the things you have that would be great.

Thanks!

Randy

Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:07 pm

Sorry about not posting for a while. Its been crazy busy and had workstation issues.
The new motors have been delivered, i haven't opened the box though... What is there at the shop is is available and progress is as you see it. Ill try to drop the new motors by the shop this week.

I haven't done anything else yet. Thanks to everyone who is carrying the group project forward.

Chuck

Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:24 pm

As you may have seen on the 3D printing section, I sourced some inexpensive filament - mainly with the intention to get enough to print the parts needed for this project. I'll update as soon as it arrives and I start making parts.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:16 pm
Profile WWW

If you haven't ordered yet, can you please please put me down for a spool of magenta for a personal project, and a spool of whatever other color prints easily for the Lyman. (How many spools would be needed for the Lyman is one enough?)

Chuck

Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:14 pm

FYI - I have started printing the parts. Not very many, so I should have the full stock in hand for next Open Lab Night

I found a source for pellets. Not sure how competitively priced they are, but at least you can get them in smaller quantities.

http://pushplastic.com/collections/raw-pellets

Seems that the Idaho Falls RepRap group was raving about their filament too.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:14 pm
Profile WWW

Michael made some sawdust this weekend so the base should be coming together soon too. Maybe we can do a layout this week and see what we still need.

Thanks!

Randy

Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:13 pm

Let me know how you want to finish the base and I can probably scare up some paint.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2