[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Open Lab Idaho Forums - View topic - Wanting to start my own MendelMax 1.5 Build... I have ?'s

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Wanting to start my own MendelMax 1.5 Build... I have ?'s 

First off I am new to the forum, in fact this is my first post. I am not a member of OLI but I plan on joining in the near future. Recently I went to the Boise Mini Maker Faire and meet Randy. He and I talked for a little bit about 3D Printers and agreed to print out a design I had. After some tweaking, on my part, the second print came out perfect! Thanks again Randy. I have wanted my own 3D Printer for a while now, but finally seeing one of my ideas being made right before my eyes made it a necessity that I have one! so after some research I found instructions on how to build a MendelMax 1.5: . I would like to start building as early as next weekend if possible. I have a spool of Octave 1.75mm ABS that I would like to have the plastic parts printed out of. If anybody on here is able and willing to print them for me I can trade for some vinyl stickers since I have a Vinyl Cutter. Since the plans I have do not show how to set up the electronics or calibrate the printer I was hoping somebody could help me with that, by the time I need help with it I should be a member of OLI.

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Kevin

Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:43 pm

Welcome!

We'd be more than happy to help you construct your printer. A few of us have built, or are in the process of building variations on the MendelMax 1.5.

One small hitch: most of us print 3mm PLA. I only know of one member than can handle 1.75mm ABS. One way or another, I'm sure we work out getting your parts printed.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:30 am
Profile WWW

the only reason I suggested using my spool of 1.75 ABS is because I already have it, and it's orange. I bought it when I ordered a Solidoodle a couple months ago, then had to cancel the printer but never returned the filament.

if there is anybody willing to print the parts with their filament in trade for some custom vinyl stickers that would be awesome. I also paint Xbox 360 controllers... just throwing that out there.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:31 pm

Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]