Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Beginning Arduino 8/18/12 

ey all,

August 18th 2012 from 12-3 we'll be having another Beginning Arduino workshop at the space.

Y'all are welcome to come and I'll give members a 15% discount in case they want to grab a kit.

Fredboard (arduino compatible mcu)
IR and ambient light sensors
2 ea, servos
LED's and small components
jumper kit
IC's

Cost for the workshop to the general public is $55/full kit, so your discount makes it $46. In case you don't need the mcu and want to bring your own, then your cost for the workshop is $25 for the partial kit and workshop. let me know and I'll get you registered.

Please note that this IS the same class that we had in late May, if you went to that class, then feel free and come by to brush up on the lessons!

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi Dave,
Darn, I can't attend this one!

Anyone: interest in a session on FPGAs? FPGAs are an incredible sandbox for hardware--this is my specialty but unfortunately take-home boards are expensive (programming SW is free for Xilinx and Altera, but the devices require a configuration EPROM and a USB JTAG programmer). I thought of doing a demonstration of an HDMI LCD panel game platform using one of my FPGA boards, and setting things up (bring several boards) so people could do some hands-on work--but a take-home solution is going to cost too much, I think. What do you all think?

Bob

Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:13 pm

Missed the thread this was going to..."Ultimately I'd like to land one on Titan, but for now I'll settle with making a rover out of it and testing on Earth."

Agemoz,

Sounds like we should get together once more and talk about doing this FPGA primer for the OLI crew. Examples of the software and hardware would be nice, and if its hands on, a take-home kit like the Stellaris would be cool too.

-D

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:59 pm

FPGA primer would be awesome!

Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:25 pm

Just signed up. Guess I'll have to take it easy on the beer at Tour De Fat (Sat. morning).
;-)

A positive attitude may not solve all the world's problems, but it'll annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:02 am

Workshop today! It's gonna be a fun one!

Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:40 am

Thanks Dave! Great job. That Ardublock is pretty slick.

A positive attitude may not solve all the world's problems, but it'll annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:54 am

Thanks Scoob!

Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]