Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
"Scheduled" activites for Hack night 

We talked about this at the last hack night and had good consensus that the direction is sound. What we would like to do is add either once a month, or twice a month (every other week) a scheduled topic, or work in progress review as part of Hack Night.

What we would like to find out is there folks that have topics they would like to learn about, like to share, or have a project they would like to present to the group?

Please reply here and we will get a schedule of topic set up to start going through. I would like to target the first hack night in August to have some topics.

Rough idea of schedule for these.

6:00 PM standard gather and hack stuff meeting time.
7:00 PM those interested in the topic break to the class room
8:00 PM wrap special topic session

The Lab space will stay open to allow for people to continue to work on things that might be distracting to the presentations.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Randy

Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:20 pm

subjects I could do

a: FPGA using the nano-de0
b: Python, wxPython, Python on RPi, etc
c: PC layout using FreePCB (free alternative to Eagle that I think is a lot better)
d: Getting boards made, SMT work
e: Debugging electronics with logic analyzers/probes
f: Learning Verilog, simulation
g: Making a Home Automation system you can monitor and control on the internet
h: Computer music

Bob

By the way, this is the only site I monitor for OLI. Is there another place I should be checking? I'm pretty opposed to Facebook but might monitor Googleplus..

Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:58 am

I will get better at posting here for activities, but there is both a google+ page and a facebook page.

Thanks for the ideas Bob!

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:27 am

OK, looks like Aug 7th for a hack-night presentation will work for me. I would like to show how to interface a Raspberry Pi to a de0-nano FPGA board using C and Python. This will be technical but there'll be blinking lights and maybe noises so you have to come! I'm not a natural born presenter, so give me feedback on things you want me to be sure to cover or things that will make the presentation work better.

Bob

Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:21 am

Sounds great Bob! We will start getting the word out. We will look at a start time around 7 PM for the formal presentation part in the classroom.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:57 pm

Bob had a great presentation on the PI and the FPGA work he has done. For the first meeting in September, I was asked if I could give a intro to 'C' programming. We will have this as our education topic. Watch for more details to come.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]