Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
How much to print this hot end mount? 

Just got done designing a hot end mount to bolt to a THK HSR25 sliding block and exported it to STL. The mounting bolt holes are undersize so they can be reamed to pass M6x1.0 bolts. The clamp mount holes are sized to normal clearance for M3 so hopefully with the usual hole shrinkage they'll be close clearance or need a little reaming. Hopefully the rectangular holes for the nuts are large enough.

Size of the base is supposed to be 50x50mm with the holes 35x35mm spacing. If this works it would fit any block with a 35mm square hole pattern. :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:51 am

Here it is assembled onto the sliding block.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27748767@ ... 1960053516

Now that this part is together, I see what I've forgotten. I need a way to mount a ball screw nut to this to move it. That part will need to wait until I get some ball screws. :roll:

I'll most likely make a piece that mounts with the upper two bolts, which will require using longer bolts. Then once the printer is operational I might make a one piece mount for both the hot end and ball nut.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]